Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RTP Player

From: Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 18:22:13 -0700
> We have at least 30 bugs to do with RTP and the analysis/audio player:
> https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=rtp
>
> Do we have a plan for the Qt equivalent of this UI? Is it worth doing, or
> should we hand it off to the OS's media player (gstreamer or similar) or...?
>
> I would really like to WONTFIX a lot of these, unless somebody plans to
> spend any time fixing it...
I think we did a great job in visiting/updating and sometimes even
fixing many bugs in the las days, but we don't have a strong reason
for reaching zero with the bug backlog.
I like the concept that bugs are part of the documentation and having
them open does not really hurt anyone.
I think we are starting to cross the line where are closing bugs for
the sake of having them closed instead of using them as (valid)
reminders...

All the users reporting those 30 bugs were interested in having the
feature and we can't tell the number of users who did not open new
bugs because they saw the open ones and went back to their jobs
knowing that the problem they were facing will be fixed eventually.

Cheers,
Balint