Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 1.12.0rc2 : tshark crash when message is on 3 packets

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 00:11:19 +0200
Hello,

My protocol (only to test this problem) specifications :
tcp port 20640
message is 5 bytes long

command line : tshark -r pb.cap  -T text -V
--> crash (see pb.1.12.0.txt)
**
ERROR:print.c:838:get_field_data: code should not be reached

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

wireshark does not crash and display is ok
tshark 1.10.6 does not crash and display is ok (see pb.1.10.6.txt)

Plugin dissector code is into packet-tcp-5-bytes.c

Regards,
Olivier

Hi Olivier,

thanks for the report.
This is a regression introduced by g21e0a63b2 commit for bug 9169. I proposed a fix (not calling the data dissector when a subdissector claims that the current TCP fragment needs more desegmentation) here: https://code.wireshark.org/review/2350

Regards,
Pascal.