Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Deprecated APIs

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 10:20:43 -0700
On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 06/17/14 12:11, Dario Lombardo wrote:
Hi list

I'm having a look at obsolete APIs and I've got those lines from checkAPI.pl

Warning: Found soft-deprecated APIs in packet-bacapp.c: ep_address_to_str
Warning: Found soft-deprecated APIs in packet-umts_fp.c: se_new0

but I can't find how those func should be changed. Can anyone help me?

Take a look in doc/README.wmem .  The former should probably be changed to address_to_str(), the latter with wmem_new0().

Although be careful - the wmem_file_scope() which replaces the se_ functions can only be called while an actual file is opened in wireshark, and it looks like the umts_fp dissector calls se_new0 in the init function, which can happen even when no file is open.