Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to clone 1.12 branch source code

From: Kevin Cox <kevincox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:27:56 -0400
On 16/06/14 16:17, wsgd wrote:
> Le 15/06/2014 16:51, Richard Sharpe a écrit :
>>
> Because :
> - I do not anything about git
> - I do not not know what is the whole thing
> - I do not not know want the whole thing :)
> - I only want source code corresponding to the official release 1.12 and
> be able to upgrade it when a new official release 1.12 is done

Hello Olivier,

In git you generally check out "the whole thing".  The commands to get
the 1.12 branch would look as follows.

git clone https://code.wireshark.org/review/wireshark
git checkout master-1.12

That will put you on the 1.12 branch.  After that `git pull` should
update you to the latest 1.12 sources.

Note that that is for the development code.  If you want exactly what
was in the release run `git checkout $tag` where $tag is the tag of the
release you want.  For example 'v1.12.0-rc2'.  You can switch to
different releases by running `git fetch` to download the new code and
re-running `git checkout` with the new tag.

Also note that if you are doing development you probably don't want to
use a tag but instead base your work of an active branch (probably master).

Hope that helps,
Kevin