Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to build wireshark on Windows 8.1 with Visual Studio 201

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 10:48:37 +0100
On 12 June 2014 09:15, Giorgio Buffa <buffagiorgio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Graham,
thanks a lot for the detailed explaination. I got stucked on point #4: "From the Start Menu (or Screen for Win 8+) open a Visual studio Command prompt for the type of build you are making (x86 or x64)."

How do I open a Visual Studio command prompt, to set the environment variables?

Sorry for this very trivial question, and thanks again!  :)

When you install Visual Studio it creates some entries in the start menu (or Start Screen for win 8), for my install of VS 2013 Pro on win 8.1 Pro the entry is in the group "Visual Studio 2013", and is called "Visual Studio Tools".  Opening that fires up an Explorer Window with shortcuts to the tools, and among them should be "VS2013 x86 Native Tools Command Prompt".  There is also an x64 version of the Command Prompt to build an x64 Wireshark but I haven't tried that yet.

Regards,