Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Building with QT on Windows using VS 2013

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 22:59:20 +0100
Experimenting using VS2013 (Pro) to build Wireshark, I ran into some QT issues and for posterity thought I'd list them here:
  1. You need a VS2013 compatible version of QT, I used qt-opensource-windows-x86-msvc2013-5.3.0.exe.  I can't remember if I forced the install to C:\QT, but it ended up in C:\QT\QT5.3.0.
  2. Set QT5_BASE_DIR to the bin directory of the install, in my case C:\Qt\Qt5.3.0\5.3\msvc2013\bin.
  3. nmake as normal.
  4. qtshark won't run from the wireshark-qt-release directory as not all the required DLL's have been copied over.  Using the windeployqt tool from the qt bin dir showed the required list (some had already been copied by the build) as:
wireshark-qt-release\icuin52.dll
wireshark-qt-release\icuuc52.dll
wireshark-qt-release\icudt52.dll
wireshark-qt-release\Qt5Cored.dll
wireshark-qt-release\Qt5Guid.dll
wireshark-qt-release\Qt5PrintSupportd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\Qt5Widgetsd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\libEGLd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\libGLESv2d.dll
wireshark-qt-release\D3Dcompiler_47.dll
wireshark-qt-release\accessible\qtaccessiblequickd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\accessible\qtaccessiblewidgetsd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\iconengines\qsvgicond.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qddsd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qgifd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qicnsd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qicod.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qjp2d.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qjpegd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qmngd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qsvgd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qtgad.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qtiffd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qwbmpd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\imageformats\qwebpd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\platforms\qwindowsd.dll
wireshark-qt-release\printsupport\windowsprintersupportd.dll

After this qtshark runs.

Note windeployqt will also copy all the files as well as list them, I think we should use it in the build.

--

Graham Bloice