Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Start of Ceph Dissector

From: Kevin Cox <kevincox@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 15:31:27 -0400
Hello,

I have just posted a WIP patch[0] for the Ceph[1] dissector I am working
on.  There is still a lot of work to be done but I was hoping that I can
get an initial review to ensure I am on the right track.

[0] https://code.wireshark.org/review/1889
[1] http://ceph.com/

I have implemented a couple of messages and all of the framing work but
I need to work on making the UI easier to read and view packets.
However before I finish all of those I wanted to show the main framework
of the dissector to ensure it can be included in wireshark in the future.

If you want to have a test capture to use I have posted one to github[2]
so that you can see it in action.

[2] https://github.com/kevincox/ceph-caps/blob/master/mon-osd-lspools.pcapng

There a couple of things that I know I need to fix but am purposely
leaving in for now to ease development.
- Trailing spaces.
- Trailing commas in arrays.
- A couple of C++ style comments.
- A lot of work can be skipped when tree is NULL.

I would appreciate any feedback that you might have.

Kevin