Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark-only capture format

From: Dmitry Bazhenov <dima_b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 20:45:24 +0600
Hello, all,

Recently, the tcpdump-workers mailing list has stopped working for me.
None of my replies posted into the list over the last week have got to the subscribers. None of my mails sent directly to the person who previously interacted with me have been answered.

This makes the situation around the DLT_ value reservation and my patch for the IPMI-Trace dissector hanged in air.

And I wonder why is it needed requesting for DLT_/LINKTYPE_ values from PCAP library maintainers for captures which are intended only to be analyzed in Wireshark/tshark?

Is there a chance that for that kind of captures there will be a separate Wireshark format which does not do anything with libPCAP? Or probably there is already such format and I can skip the DLT_ value reservation?

Regards,
Dmitry