Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] flex/bison dissector code generation

From: Tomasz Sodzawiczny <tsodzawiczny@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 12:53:28 +0200
Hi,
has anyone ever tried generating dissectors code with flex/bison tools?
For all I know, it should be possible to write text protocols dissectors this way, sometimes maybe easier than directly in C. I couldn't find any info on this topic, so if someone ever tried this I would appreciate any feedback - some example code or reasons why this is impossible/unreasonable.

Thanks,
Tomasz