Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How can Wireshark improve

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 12:24:41 -0700
Hi folks,

I use Wireshark a lot, but of late I am coming across more and more
deficiencies.

One think I would like to be able to do is "Show me all the SMB2
requests where the smb2.flags.is_response == true && smb2.nt_status !=
NT_STATUS_SUCCESS"

One way to achieve this might be to split the upper pane into two, and
on one side, say the left side, show me the result of filtering, and
on the other, show me the original capture.

Then, if I select a frame on the left side, the right side
automatically positions that frame in the center of the pane. That
way, I can usually see the request.

Perhaps people can think of better ways to do this.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe