Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] adding units

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:59:46 +0000
Title: adding units

From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Dill
Sent: den 15 april 2014 23:19
To: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] adding units

>I'm tinkering with the 1.10.6 source code

You should be doing it on trunk if you are planning to commit to gerrit as this is new functionality.

:

>     case BASE_DEC_HEX:

:

        }     case BASE_HEX_DEC:
 eturn format;

Both these format should probably be treated as BASE_HEX, I can’t think of a case where something expressed in “units” would need a HEX representation.

I would think the prime usage for BASE_HEX, BASE_DEC_HEX and  BASE_HEX_DEC is when a standard document expresses IEs or Messages in HEX to ease comparison with the standard document.

: