Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Conversations lifetime

From: David Ameiss <netshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:57:48 -0500
I could be wrong, but I could swear that, until recently, conversations essentially had capture lifetime. So that, from one pass of the capture to the next, the conversations (and any proto data stored in them) remained.

That does not seem to be the case now. Between one pass of the capture (pinfo->fd->flags.visited == 0) and the next (pinfo->fd->flags.visited == 1), the conversation data seems to have been nuked.

Note: this is the git development tree.

Has this changed? Or did I completely misunderstand the scope of conversations, and have just been lucky until recently?

--
David Ameiss
netshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx