Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Git clone is quite slow on remote end

From: Matthew Parlane <parlane@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:47:55 +1200
remote: Counting objects: 366552, done
remote: Finding sources:  93% (340894/366552)

The remote count process seems quite slow. In case you guys are not aware, you should run gc on gerrit every now and again to resolve the remote count slowdown.

At work it's simply ssh gerrit gerrit gc project_name

This gives us quite a decent improvement in remote count on fresh git clones.

Then again, maybe your git db is so large and you guys are running gc already, in which case don't worry :)

Matthew Parlane