Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GIT vs SVN

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 13:08:10 -0700
On Apr 4, 2014, at 9:21 AM, Herb Falk <herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> <Herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, I just wanted to understand.  It will be a couple of hours work.  Tried to GIT clone and to add in my changes, but it didn't go well.

If you only want to keep your own private repository, with a modified version of Wireshark that tracks the trunk (and with you being responsible for dealing with merge conflicts), I'm not sure what the right way to do that is in Git.

If you want to submit your changes to the Wireshark developers for consideration for inclusion in mainline Wireshark, there should be documentation in the developer's guide and/or the Wireshark Wiki for how to set up support for using Gerrit.