Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] GIT vs SVN

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 08:47:57 -0700
On 4/4/14 7:21 AM, Herb Falk <herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The latest source code does not appear to be available through the use
> of SVN any longer?  If there is a mechanism, can somebody explain to me
> how to get this to work.  My current dev environment is SVN tree/managed.

We migrated to Git + Gerrit on January 28. Anonsvn.wireshark.org will
stay up and running for a while longer but the Wireshark SVN repository
is deprecated. It might be possible to create a Subversion mirror (e.g.
with SubGit or a mirror on GitHub) but I'm not sure how usable or
reliable that would be.

> If SVN can no longer pull releases, I guess I can live with that, but
> these types of infrastructure changes are painful to developers in general.

Are you subscribed to -dev? We discussed the migration several times
over the past two years.