Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] What about backporting fixes to older releases with the new

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:10:00 -0400
On Mar 31, 2014, at 5:17 PM, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> For each cherry-pick the release notes need to be updated with any bug
> fixes, protocol updates and (if needed) an advisory. This can be done by
> amending or with a separate commit.

Huh, I did not know that. Do we need to edit/push the release notes for new submissions/features in 1.11 as well?

I had guessed that you had a script going through the commit-log pulling out changes for each release, that you then picked what was important from for the release notes. Not the case?

> I don't think this is documented
> anywhere but I can add instructions to the wiki and/or the Developer's
> Guide.

There's this:
http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/Backporting

-hadriel