Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can we move to Lua 5.2.3 only?

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:32:41 -0400

On Mar 28, 2014, at 11:42 AM, Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The bugs are listed here:

5.2.3 was only released this past December, but 5.2.2 has been out since 2012.

What do you mean by "we have a 5.2.1 library for Windows but not a 5.2.3 one"? Do you mean from some pre-built binary repository somewhere?

Yes exactly. Right now our binaries seem to come from http://luabinaries.sourceforge.net/download.html (Gerald will confirm).

Huh.  I figured they were just being built from source.  At my day job we just build the whole thing in statically, but we had to use our own anyway because we made some changes to the Lua engine to protect against bad Lua code, and we don't allow people to swap it out as a shared library/dll.

http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaBinaries web page suggests to go to http://joedf.users.sourceforge.net/luabuilds/ for a 5.2.3 pre compiled binary but it does not include the header files. I guess I could get them from the source package.

Yup.

-hadriel