Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can we move to Lua 5.2.3 only?

From: Nakayama Kenjiro <nakayamakenjiro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 23:45:46 +0900
+1

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 11:29 PM, Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Howdy,
Is there any reason not to make wireshark 1.11.x and beyond only use Lua 5.2?  Right now the automated builds are getting built with 5.1.

There's very little difference to end users (i.e., older scripts should continue to work)... but for the C-code it's a lot more painful to have to continue to handle both Lua versions, and it takes longer to test, fix, etc.  There's no real advantage to supporting both at this point, afaik.  There was back when Lua 5.2 was new and buggy, but 5.2 has been out since 2011.

-hadriel