Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] How to include new dissector wrriten in Lua (pure Lua) to Wiresh

From: Nakayama Kenjiro <nakayamakenjiro@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 14:29:35 +0900
Hi,

Recently I wrote new dissector by pure Lua[1] and I am thinking about submitting a request to include the dissector to Wireshark.
But as far as I checked upstream, there are no pure Lua dissector yet.
And I don't know where shoudld I put the code in and how to modify Makefiles.

So my question is
Is there any guideline to include pure Lua dissector? If no guideline yet, why don't we make it?

This is my personal opinion, now Lua became good for writing a new dissector and samples like /test/lua/dissector.lua is really great. New dissector written in Lua request will increase in the future.

[1] https://github.com/nak3/jgroups-wireshark-dissector

Thanks,

Kenjiro

--
Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <nakayamakenjiro@xxxxxxxxx>
GPG Key fingerprint = ED8F 049D E67A 727D 9A44  8E25 F44B E208 C946 5EB9