Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Clang code analysis buildbot

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 14:31:27 -0700
On Mar 21, 2014, at 2:18 PM, Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How long does the clang code analysis buldbot

You mean the "beat the living hell out of Wireshark to look for bugs in many different ways" buildbot? :-)

> run usually take?

If successful, a loooong time.  If we look at, for example, build 2646:

	http://buildbot.wireshark.org/trunk/builders/Clang%20Code%20Analysis/builds/2646

its testing steps were:

	scan-build, running the Clang static analyzer - this took 30:18;
	cov-build, building to prepare to hand Wireshark off to Coverity - this took 9:59;
	fuzz-menagerie, repeatedly running fuzzed capture files through TShark to make sure it doesn't crash - this took 1:15:03, and would have taken longer had it not failed.

Perhaps you slowed it down by trying to fix the 802.11 dissector crash; now it's going to have to go through the *entire* series of fuzz tests. :-)