Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Buildbot crash bugs

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 18:20:25 -0400
Howdy,
What's the protocol (for lack of a better term) for how the Buildbot crash bugs get handled?

Are there specific core developers who handle them, or is it whomever wants to fix it please do so?

I ask because there've been a bunch of them lately which look like dups of bug 9909 (it wasn't the first in the series, but it's the first I easily reproduced).  So I submitted a change to at least stop the crashing, to stop the bug-generation.

But I can't change the status of such bugs to in-progress, so I'm hesitant to actually dig into what the code should really do, other than not crash. It's in packet-ieee80211.c, which is impressively big. (>25k lines!)  So I don't want to duplicate work if someone else's already digging into it.

-hadriel