Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding Plugin attachment

From: Nilesh Nayak <nileshnayk4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 15:57:54 +0530
I have the following error while compiling each time my dissector using 'make' command.

Couldn't really figure out what the problem is actually..
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Nilesh Nayak

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

So why do a plugin?  Just write a normal new dissector.

Regardless, the doc to read is this: doc/README.dissector

That explains a lot, in detail; and of course you should also look at some existing packet-* files in epan/dissectors.  For UDP, packet-stun.c or packet-ntp.c are a relatively small ones.

-hadriel