Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Packet counter in live tshark captures

From: Jan Larres <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 12:24:52 +1300
Hi,

I am using tshark to do a live capture in a terminal. Unfortunately
tshark occasionally prints out the current packet count on stderr,
messing up the alignment of the summary lines and thus making them
harder to read.

I have found this commit which sounds like it should prevent that, but
for some reason it doesn't seem to work:
https://code.wireshark.org/review/gitweb?p=wireshark.git;a=commitdiff;h=5c0baee2a96f752ec093646002f7cdd677e38eb8

The code doesn't seem to take effect at all as even if I redirect stderr
to a file the packet count still ends up in it. I am using version
1.10.6 on Debian, so unless I'm missing something that code should be
included.

Thanks,

-Jan