Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding Plugin attachment

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 02:04:19 -0400
So why do a plugin?  Just write a normal new dissector.

Regardless, the doc to read is this: doc/README.dissector

That explains a lot, in detail; and of course you should also look at some existing packet-* files in epan/dissectors.  For UDP, packet-stun.c or packet-ntp.c are a relatively small ones.

-hadriel