Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Fwd: Regarding Plugin attachment

From: Nilesh Nayak <nileshnayk4@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:18:14 +0530

So, basically I want to build a basic wireshark dissector and try to capture the packets using my own customised protocol name.
Example : I have a protocol of my own, lets name it as "foo" protocol. Now, I want to create a dissector for it like packet-<protocolname>.c and  packet-<protocolname>.h as source header files.

Underlying the protocol, I am capturing UDP packets. But if I set the capture filter as "foo", then I should be able to capture "foo" packets.
Could you please send me some good tutorials over the same?

I have already read the README.developer and README.pluggins docs.

And yes, I am adding a new protocol dissector in the wireshark source code itself and then building the environment and compiling.

Thanks and Regards,
Nilesh