Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Fix bug in GSM MAP, have problems with GIT

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 23:00:19 -0400 (EDT)
My biggest frustration is noted by the statement:

"However, as most use on other platforms tends to be command-line git, most books and guides tend to concentrate on that so windows users may actually find it easier to start with the command line and then move to graphical clients when they are comfortable with the basics."

I didn't really want to learn the command line, I like GUIs :)  TortoiseSVN did a great job of hiding the underlying commandline from me and since I never did anything advanced with it, it served me well.  TortoiseGit hasn't succeeded as well for me and I'm still battling with it in an effort to not have to use the commandline at all (it's this "tutorial" I assume most Windows developers are after, because I certainly am)

I think most of my issues are being caused by Gerrit and the extra "path" required on a push.  TortoiseGit appears to have answers for it, but trying to tackle all three at once (git + Gerrit + TortoiseGit) is a bit much to chew on when all references are commandline.