Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] tshark linking in ui/libui.a with undefined symbols in 1.10.5

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:36:11 -0500
tshark links without the GUI code but the non-GUI code is not fully
self-contained. ui/libui.a is linked into tshark but it contains
functions defined outside of the libraries linked into tshark. Some of
these functions are defined in the GUI code, such as
simple_message_box() defined in gtk/libgtkui.a. HP-UX, Linux, and
Solaris don't have an issue with this but AIX won't link the resulting
executable. We've worked around this by instruction the linker to
ignore the errors by passing -berok. The real solution is not to have
ui/libui.a make calls to a dependent library that an executable
linking to it won't link to but I don't know how much work that would
involve. Maybe a note about this is sufficient for now.

--
albert chin (china@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)