Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cashe column operations to "end of packet" and only execute

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 08:05:30 -0400
That sounds like it might be a good idea. Do you have captures where
the col_ API is taking a substantial amount of time?

I expect the most expensive part of the col_ API is probably the
formatting calls, but I'm not sure how we'd cache those. I expect we'd
have to do the formatting immediately and then cache the resulting
string, so I'm not sure how much benefit that would provide over just
formatting in place.

Worth exploring though.

Evan