Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Cashe column operations to "end of packet" and only execute the

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 09:20:34 +0000

Hi,

How about this idea?

Would it be possible to stack the col..() operations and just execute the relevant ones to save on CPU? Currently we overwrite the data as we work our way through the packet

Until we hit a col_set_fence() then we start to overwrite the stuff after the fence again. One problem might be exceptions – other?

Best regards

Anders