Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Doubt related to rrc tables

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:14:08 +0100

Why don’t we have rrc.proc.imsg  tables like ranap.proc.imsg or nbap.proc.imsg tables ??

on what criteria this tables are defined ??

Hi,

simply because RRC protocol has nothing to do with RANAP or NBAP protocols and does not describe the messages the same way. With RRC protocol, you need to know on which logical channel the message is transmitted and then the bit sequence allows you to identify the message.
NBAP/RANAP requires the use of tables to identify the message based on the message family (Initiating, SuccessfulOutcome, UnsuccessfulOutcome, Outcome) and a procedure code.

Pascal.