Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Git+gerrit status update - 2014-01-14

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 10:09:43 -0800
On 2/25/14 9:20 AM, Evan Huus wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you please provide the URL? If the URL is
>>> https://code.wireshark.org/review/login/register/q/status:open,n,z then
>>> I've found the button even before asking but it just doesn't work for me.
>>
>> OK, this is FRUSTRATING by now. I found out I needed to use only the launchpad
>> username, not the launchpad email to log in.
>> Then I added the ssh public key. On the same page I then clicked "continue" on
>> the bottom of the page. I was rewarded with
>> ----------------
>> Code Review - Error
>> line 0:-1 no viable alternative at input '<EOF>'
>> Continue
>> ----------------
>> How do I get past this error message?
>
> The only related info I've found [1] suggests that the request to the
> server succeeded, but something on the client got confused. You might
> be able to just go back to the main gerrit page and start using it as
> if everything succeeded.
>
> [1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/repo-discuss/bqSvE89dSXk

I haven't found anything obvious in the server logs that would explain
the error, unfortunately.

Since you were able to add your SSH key, does

ssh your.username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418 gerrit --help

work correctly? If so you might be able to bypass the web interface
entirely, at least until we fix the problem.

You can either use 'ssh code.wireshark.org gerrit' directly[1] or the
git-review[2] wrapper. Recent versions of Qt Creator support Gerrit
reviews as well.

[1] https://code.wireshark.org/review/Documentation/cmd-index.html
[2] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/git-review