Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Regarding customizing tshark summary display

From: Venkatachalam S <svenkatachalam.tce@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 16:47:09 +0530
Hi,

I'm writing a custom dissector for my internal project. I'm having a frame in the following format.

32 byte data + eth_hdr + payload

So, there is a 32 byte internal header attached to every packet. All the packets coming to my system, will be in the above format.

My problem is,

I want to customize the summary/default display of tshark such that it will display a short info of the 32-byte data always. Even if there is an L3 or L4 header or any custom headers, the info should be displayed.

I'm trying to understand the column_utils, column_info code and tried to use it but I'm not getting the expected result.

Please help me in getting this done. I'm eagerly waiting for your inputs.

Thanks and Regards,
Venkat