Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] how to display a packet in the packet_view?

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:41:14 -0800
On Feb 23, 2014, at 7:44 AM, ?????????? <237825552@xxxxxx> wrote:

> after get and dissect a packet,how to display this packet in the packet_view?by call which  function in which file?

You don't.  If Wireshark needs to display a packet in the packet view, it'll call the top-level frame dissector, and that will call the next dissector, and so on, including your dissector.  It will then display the results.  You don't need to do anything to cause it to be displayed (and can't do anything to prevent it from being displayed).