Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] query related to dissect_xxx function

From: Rahul Rohit <rahul.rohit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 15:55:23 +0530

Hi,

The moment we enter dissect_xxx(tvb,pinfo,tree)

We put a check on the value of tree i.e.

If(tree)

{

  /* code for actual dissection

}

What does this check signify ?? somewhere it is written that it defines whether the user is looking for a detailed dissection or not ,could any body please

throw light on this concept ?? How does tree gets any value and when ??

regards

Rahul Rohit

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.