Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Add a capability to disable/enable a dissector table ?

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:37:44 -0500
It seems to me that it would be nice to be able to disable/enable specific dissector and heuristic tables.

For example, this would be useful when investigating tcp level issues
for which tcp payload dissection is not interesting.

All the different protocols which run over tcp wouldn't need to be disabled to just show the payloads as 'data" (and not show things like "malformed" because some dissector mistakenly tries to dissect data).

Thoughts ? Am i missing something ?

(This might be a nice little project fpr me to learn QT ...).

Bill