Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Unable to recognise DTLS packets

From: Tulika Bose <tulika.bose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 11:28:07 +0530
Hi
  I used the command 'tshark -r "dtls_pcap.pcapng" -R "dtls" > dtls.txt' , for redirecting the informations of the packets diplayed in the pcap file dtls_pcap.pcapng into the text file dtls.txt. But,although the pcap file contained dtls packets,displayed when the 'Decode As' option was manually used, but the text file was blank,when filter used was "dtls".On the other hand ,when the filter used in the above command was "coap",the text file conatained packets,whose header was parsed as CoAP header,instead of dtls header. Please let me know how can I display dtls packets,with headers parsed as DTLS header using tshark in the command line.

Thanks & Regards
Tulika Bose
Follow me on KNOME: https://knome.ultimatix.net/u/tulika.bose
Tata Consultancy Services Limited