Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Automatically Expiring Old Gerrit Reviews

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 16:16:08 -0500
On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 4:07 PM, Pascal Quantin
<pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Been poking around how other projects use Gerrit and discovered that
>> openstack has a cron job which automatically expires old reviews [1].
>>
>> Seems like it might be a good idea, and doesn't sound too hard to do.
>> Abandoned/expired reviews can easily be reopened.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>> Evan
>>
>> [1] http://ci.openstack.org/gerrit.html#auto-review-expiry
>

> The idea seems nice, but IMO the timeout should be increased compared to
> openstack configuration: 2 weeks without review or 1 week after a negative
> review seems too short when looking at our usual workflow.

Agreed, we can play with the times/conditions, though I'm not sure how
easy it is to program more complex conditions.

Ideally I think the criteria would probably be something like expiring on:
- 2 weeks inactive and a negative review
OR
- 1 week inactive and depends on an abandoned/expired change

Unreviewed changes with no dependencies (or still-active dependencies)
probably shouldn't expire at all.