Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Add-on Lua code for file system operations?

From: Tony Trinh <tony19@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 19:36:24 -0600
Hadrial Kaplan wrote:

The problem is if you write a plugin for others to use, requiring them to compile code is a high bar to expect.  So if it's more than just another pure lua lib which doesn't need c-code to be compiled, as a file/dir accessor would need, it's tough. :(

I agree (?)... or perhaps I'm not following. ;)

I *think* Guy was proposing the Wireshark Lua API included the LuaFileSystem library (or a wrapper around it) out of the box, which is something already done with Lua BitOp [1][2], so users wouldn't have to explicitly compile it themselves. Or were you referring to something else?