Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Git and line endings

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 22:12:56 +0100
2014-02-04 Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
OK, let's go with "* text=auto" and don't convert the files now.
As Graham suggested wireshark.sln can stay CRLF, since it won't be
ever used on other OS-es.

After double checking the git documentation, it looks like the files will get normalized at next commit:
"When text=auto normalization is enabled in an existing repository, any text files containing CRLFs should be normalized. If they are not they will be normalized the next time someone tries to change them, causing unfortunate misattribution"
So it would probably be better to normalize them at the same time as the addition of .gitattributes file.
It looks like the changes are rather harmless: it is either Windows only files or allow to have some consistency like for .svg files were part of them are in LF mode and other in CRLF.
We can refine the rules later if needed by tweaking the .gitattributes file.

Pascal.