Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Git and line endings

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 23:50:29 +0100
Hi all,

with subversion we were using the native eol-style property. Now that we moved to git, would it make sense to commit a .gitattributes file with text=auto to avoid any issue between Linux and Windows development boxes?
I faced tonight an issue with asn2wrs.py that generated the ASN.1 dissector with CRLF line endings on my Windows machine (due to the use of Python open() function) while my checkout had LF line endings, leading to completely different files from git point of view.

Regards,
Pascal.