Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Quick start instructions for Gerrit

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 18:58:59 -0500
On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Graham Bloice
> <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> I use git-review which adds a "git review" command that does the right
>>> thing with respect to gerrit.
>>> https://github.com/openstack-infra/git-review
>>>

>> I was looking into git-review and it appears things work automagically if
>> the repository has .gitreview file.  Can someone who knows what they're
>> doing please add that?
>
> It was on the ignore list so I haven't merged anything in yet, but
> it's open for review at
> https://code.wireshark.org/review/66
>
> If this works we can add one for the 1.8 and 1.10 branches so that you
> don't have to specify the branch when adding changes to them.

All of the above has landed now, so you should be able to just "git
review" in any of master, master-1.8, master-1.10 (or derived
branches) and it will go to the right place in gerrit. Additionally,
if you are on a branch "foo" based on one of the above, git review
will automatically use "foo" as the topic of the gerrit review.

Evan