Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Gerrit Topic Names

From: Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:08:09 +0100
2014-01-30 Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Bálint Réczey <balint@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> Please don't list bugs in topic names, reserve the fist line for the
>> short summary.
>> Listing bugs at the end of the commit message like below is a better
>> practice and also helps processing the commit messages with standard
>> tools.
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/GitCommitMessages :
>> "The 'bug' line can reference a bug in a few ways. Gerrit creates a
>> link to the bug when viewing the patch on review.openstack.org so that
>> reviewers can quickly access the bug on Launchpad.
>>
>> Closes-Bug: #1234567 -- use 'Closes-Bug' if the commit is intended to
>> fully fix and close the bug being referenced.
>> Partial-Bug: #1234567 -- use 'Partial-Bug' if the commit is only a
>> partial fix and more work is needed.
>> Related-Bug: #1234567 -- use 'Related-Bug' if the commit is merely
>> related to the referenced bug."
>>
> Thanks for this information, may be add to Wireshark wiki ?
Yes, I think so. A wiki page about the proposed commit message
format would be useful based on other project's best practices.
I have not set this up because it seemed that Marc had taken
the lead in the migration to Gerrit and I did not want to mix things up.
I also could not get replies to my Gerrit related emails from Gerald,
thus being less active in the migration seemed to be encouraged.

Cheers,
Balint