Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Git+gerrit status update - 2014-01-14

From: Hadriel Kaplan <hadriel.kaplan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 23:56:40 -0500

Is anyone else having problems with git pushing and the Change-Id?
I’ve successfully used it once for pushing, after figuring out to download the commit-msg hook and re-doing my commit.
But trying to push two other commits keeps getting the dreaded "ERROR: missing Change-Id in commit message footer” result, even though according to ‘git log’ my commit has a Change-Id at the end.  Fwiw, the suggested Change-Id value suggested by gerrit isn’t the same one created by commit-msg hook.

The server sends back this:
remote: ERROR: missing Change-Id in commit message footer
remote: Suggestion for commit message:
remote: Merge branch 'master' of ssh://code.wireshark.org:29418/wireshark
remote:
remote: Change-Id: I822fbedd22746042a4a18f40811a78a4e570bba0

git log shows this:
commit 3c98af518ea9c497bada38e4e600977802da9226