Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Python bindings for wireshark

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 13:15:05 -0500
Sounds neat! You should probably be aware of Pyreshark [1] if you
aren't already. It provides an interface for writing dissectors in
python and hooking them into the main engine, so I believe it's
complementary to your work. It may be worth collaborating with the
author, or even merging the two projects to provide a single unified
python API.

Evan

[1] https://code.google.com/p/pyreshark/

P.S. As a general comment to the list, we really ought to remove the
old python bindings from trunk since they are terribly out of date and
buggy at this point. Last time this came up it turned out some
packager (redhat?) was still using them so we left them in, but I
think they're probably doing more harm than good at this point...