Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Siginificance of pinfo->fd->flags.visited

From: Vishnu Bhatt <vishnu.bhatt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 13:29:08 +0530

Hello all,

Can anyone please explain me the significance of pinfo->fd->flags.visited. I know that this variable is set to TRUE if a packet has been visited once but if we click on the same packet then why all things are done again? Logically if a frame has been dissected once, it should not be checked again, so condition “if(pinfo->fd->flags.visited == FALSE)” should always be checked before doing the dissection. Why the need of re-dissecting the frame over and over again?

My second doubt is that in RLC, if duplicity has already been checked then why to check it again? I mean should the duplicity function be covered under “if(pinfo->fd->flags.visited == FALSE)”?

Thanks

Vishnu Bhatt

Please refer to http://www.aricent.com/legal/email_disclaimer.html
for important disclosures regarding this electronic communication.