Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] cmake giving options the compiler does not understand

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 15:16:17 -0800
On Jan 2, 2014, at 2:44 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Cmake has that function which I listed that is supposed to do it for us but it doesn't seem to work (at least for me or at least not all the time).

Given that at least two people have said that blowing away the build directory sometimes fixes the problem, perhaps something's being cached?

But, if that's the case, was it cached when a compiler that *does* support -Wshorten-64-to-32 was used, and then a *different* compiler was used?  (Building in a directory stored on a file server can make this more likely to happen, as you might be building on machine A and then re-building on machine B without clearing out all the stuff left around by the configure-and-build on machine A.)