Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] cmake giving options the compiler does not understand

From: Peter Wu <lekensteyn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 23:05:51 +0100
Hi,

On Thursday 02 January 2014 16:02:08 Jeff Morriss wrote:
> It took me a while to get my cmake build going again today; one of the
> reasons was that the builds would immediately fail with:
>
>  > cc: error: unrecognized command line option -Wshorten-64-to-32
>
> As far as I can tell the problem is simply that check_c_compiler_flag()
> isn't working in my version of cmake (2.8.11): it always returns 1.  Or
> does it not work for others?

I sometimes have this issue too, but it got "fixed" by clearing the build
directory (`rm -rf build`) and then configuring the tree again with cmake.

In CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log, I can find that warning too, it seems that
it gets dropped by cmake (perhaps because it is not recognized?).

This is CMake 2.8.12.1 and GCC 4.8.2.

Regards,
Peter