Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] cmake giving options the compiler does not understand

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 22:34:38 +0100
Hi Jeff,

I have also some time the some error message...

With autotools, -Wshorten-64-to-32 is limited to only C...

Regards,

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

It took me a while to get my cmake build going again today; one of the reasons was that the builds would immediately fail with:

> cc: error: unrecognized command line option -Wshorten-64-to-32

As far as I can tell the problem is simply that check_c_compiler_flag() isn't working in my version of cmake (2.8.11): it always returns 1.  Or does it not work for others?

Regards,
-Jeff