Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 54557: /trunk/ /trunk/image/: about.

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2014 15:16:08 -0500
On 01/02/14 14:57, Alexis La Goutte wrote:

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 01/02/14 13:52, Alexis La Goutte wrote:
             - The plugins list is empty (maybe something wrong with my
        setup?)

           No i have the some issue... (with Linux and Windows....)
        (On my linux box, i have no plugin with wireshark gtk...)

    I thought that this was a generic problem with cmake.  (It works in
    wireshark-gtk when compiled with autofoo.)

There is some strange stuff with About window... (Need to have installed
Wireshark to have License (COPYING) or AUTHORS...

With autofoo you just have to have those files in your build directory (which is done as part of the build process); the software is smart enough to pick them up from there instead of from the installed location.

             - The authors list is not formatted

        Ok, i will look !

    I think this is a generic cmake problem too (it does not work with
    wireshark-gtk either).

not formatted or display ?

Not displayed. In my cmake build only the Wireshark and Folders tabs have any content (in both GTK and Qt). The GTK version complains that it can't open the COPYING and AUTHORS-SHORT files from the installed location. If I set WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY= (which isn't necessary when building with autofoo :-)) then it fails to find AUTHORS-SHORT in the "run" directory but it does somehow manage to find the COPYING directory (not sure from where). That environment variable doesn't seem to help the Qt build though.

        - and crash on Windows...

    ... and when compiled with autofoo.  I fixed that in r54563 (at
    least for autofoo).

Thanks for the fix... i search to change cmake build... but don't found
your tip !

It should work with all 3 now (I tested autofoo and cmake).