Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Git + Gerrit: next steps

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 12:12:12 -0800
On 12/21/13 2:39 AM, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 04:12:20PM -0800, Gerald Combs wrote:
>> I'm assuming everyone has had a chance to test the Gerrit installation
>> at test.code.wireshark.org If you haven't, now might be a good time.
>> Unless anyone thinks that moving to Git+Gerrit is an absolutely horrific
>> idea I'm going to start the process of migrating from Subversion. The
>> timeline looks roughly like this:
>>
>> Preparation (next few days, early January):
>>
>> 1. Create a Gerrit instance at code.wireshark.org.
>
> I failed at this step. I neither have nor will I have a google/yahoo/whatever
> ID.  Is there another way to provide authentication?

Do you have an account with *any* OpenID provider? There are plenty of
options aside from Google or Yahoo, including hosting your own:

https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/OpenID
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OpenID
https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/OpenID
http://wiki.openid.net/w/page/12995226/Run%20your%20own%20identity%20server

Aside from OpenID Gerrit allows for HTTP or LDAP authentication but
OpenID is the easiest to use and manage by far from both a user and
sysadmin perspective.